Welcome to the Our Lady of Mercy College Beaumont Parents' Association Page.
Who are we?
As a parent or guardian of a student attending our school you are automatically a member of the Parents' Association.
The Parents' Association (PA) is the voice for parents in the school. To ensure that we can operate effectively, in ensuring that the views of parents and students are established and heard, the Parents' Association meet regularly. All parents and guardians are encouraged to attend. There are approximately 6 meetings per school year including an Annual General Meeting (AGM). It is a forum to share and discuss ideas, and to make decisions on matters that will help our daughters and the whole school community. Notice of upcoming meeting will be posted on the school website or by webtext.
What do we do?
The PA supports the work of the school while representing the parents’ interests. Their views are sought by school management on issues that arise and they represent parents' views when school policies are being developed.
They offer support to the school when school activities are taking place and the school welcomes this support and interaction with parents.
- Throughout the year the Parent’s Association give support at various events and activities, such as the Open Night, 6th Year and Transition Year Graduations, the Carol Service and TY Musical.
- There have been fund-raising events organised over the years. This helps to fund the trophies for the end of year awards and to buy refreshments for some of the school events.
- The Parent’s Association is also consulted when reviewing school policies and was involved in the Whole School Evaluation which took place in 2015. Annual study skill seminars have also been organised by the Parents Association.
- A good working relationship has been established with the Student Council, offering them support and working closely with them on issues affecting students in the school and helping financially with some of their initiatives and ideas.
Parents' Association Committee
As a member of the Parents' Association you are eligible to join the Parents' Association Committee. The committee manage the responsibilites of the Association on behalf of all parents. We are always happy to welcome new members!
A committee Chairperson, Secretary and Treasurer are elected from the committee members. The parents association elect two representatives to the Board of Management of the school.
What can you do?
3 Things you can do….
- Join the Committee – attend the meetings to give your opinion and ideas
- Become a helper – if you cannot attend meetings maybe you could give us your name and phone number so that you can be contacted if help is required at any of the events.
- Give us your email address - so that you can be kept updated on what the Parent’s Association is up to!!
Now it’s up to you – it would be great to hear from you!